February 3, 2008

The Weekly Battle

Ugh... Where did the weekend go? I'm not ready for Monday. Generally, I enjoy Monday's. I don't have any classes, my commute is shorter (much much shorter) and I really enjoy my job. I'm just not ready. I know once Monday comes around, it is a slippery slope for Tuesday.

By Wednesday, I search for extra time, wishing I could squeeze in a couple more moments of energy to finish reading, writing, and preparing for class. Before I know it, Thursday sneaks up on me. It brings not only a full day of work, but 5 hours of classes and the long drive home. By this point, I'm drained. Friday comes and goes all to quickly. Then I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I take the evening to relax and rejuvenate (procrastinate), or do I dive into my homework with every last bit of energy I can find?

Usually, for Friday at least, procrastination wins and Saturday is filled with my alternating between housework and homework. Oh, and one cannot forget Sunday. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. This day is always up for grabs. Procrastination and motivation try to compromise, but in the end, often struggle one another until one is victorious over the other. . .



. . . Today, procrastination won.




2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. By the time you get home on Friday you just don't want to do anything other than relax. When Sunday night rolls around I'm dreading having to deal with yet another week. It's rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish we could say we just procrastinated on the weekends, but...maybe we will finish this later...

    blesings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete