March 15, 2008

A dedication to my iPod





To my iPod, my dear friend by Crazy Daisy:
Right or wrong I loved you since the day you came
into my life and embraced me in your song and lyrics.
We dance together, played together and took trips
together.
Sure, we had our tough days.
(Remember when I forgot you at my parents?)
We got through it.
I loved walking on campus with you, ear to ear,
humming the latest Green Day song, or listening to classic Chicago.
Now that you are gone, I feel a sense of loss,
like something missing from my purse, or belt loop.
Just so you know, it will be hard to move on.
Not even the upgraded video iPod or touch screen can
replace you in my heart.
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you gave it a proper burial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this makes me sad.

    I am also mourning my iPod. I'm praying I misplaced it, but it has been two weeks and it has not shown up. I hate to say it, but I'm 95% positive somebody swiped it. Damn thieves.

    ReplyDelete