I am not one much for directions :-), so instead of reading through step by step I just started. First, I cut 12x12 card stock in half and glued back to back (making the pages a little thicker).
I then sewed together the 2 pieces of felt. Thing was kinda a big thing for me. I have had my sewing machine for over a year now, and hardly use it. I have sewn more on paper than fabric. As I was pinning the felt together, and fired up the old machine, I felt a little twinkle. I thought of my grandmother, smiling at my sewing efforts from heaven.
Next, I glued pieces of cardboard to the front and back pages, making them extra sturdy.
Then, realizing this wasn't going to work (as I couldn't fold the felt over the 'spine' of the book), I took the cardboard off. Well, I tried. The glue dots/glue were pretty much dried in place. It took some effort, but I succeeded without to much damage.
Guess I should have read the directions.
(Now, having the cardboard glued on at that point would have worked nicely if there wasn't going to be felt added. I could have decorated the front... maybe next time!)
I then used spray glue and glue dots to stick the cardboard to the felt. Then sewed the edges to fasten everything together.
Using spray glue yet again (and venting the room appropriately), I glued in the book part.
I added a little flare, and that is that :-)