December 3, 2008

What a ride...

Wednesday, November 26 - Husband and I both took the day off work. We continued to pack, and after taking Husband's sister to the airport for her Thanksgiving journey, we went to OUR HOUSE! It was all ours. As we opened the door, there was a sence of amazment rush through my body. We ran through the house, checking out each and every room. Then, reality sunk in... we still have to move in! :)

Our families arrived later in the evening. We moved a few things over (including beds and towels) and all spend the night in the new house!

Thursday (11-27) - Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for! A wonderful loving husband, a supportive family, a beautiful house, a silly puppy... wow. It was a great feeling to wake up on Thanksgiving Day in my new place! We moved much of the day (technically, it was a lot of work, but we only moved about 20 miles)!

Friday (11-28) - We just hung out. My parents had to return home (after a quick run to a couple stores), however husband's family was able to stay one extra day. We went to the mall and a couple stores.

Saturday (11-29) - Our monthly anniversary. We did a little more shopping with Husband's family before they headed home. Otherwise, we enjoyed our time in our house. We picked up some more puppy stuff... yeah, it is sad how spoiled our little Dakota is already!

Sunday (11-30) - Grilled out on our new (well, new to us, thank you craigslist for making this affordable) grill! Husband did some errands as I put away more stuff. It has been amazing how much junk I have found.
Monday (12-1-08) December? When did November run away? Geez. Back to work. It was hard to return to work after so many days of anxiety, joy, excitement, fun, and family time.

Tuesday (12-2-08) - I can't remember... how sad is that? :-) Went to work. Went home. Walked puppy a few times. Oh, he has a very bad problem with nipping/biting. Any ideas? Sure just a puppy, but it needs to stop! Oh, also, any advise on how to 'social' him with other dogs? He is afraid of larger dogs and barks at little dogs...

It started snowing like crazy before we went to bed. I did a little preventative scooping, however it didn't do much good.

Today... well, not much new. Husband had to get out the snow blower this morning... so much for "just an inch of snow!"

I stayed a later after work to use the campus wi-fi, as we do not have internet at the house. It seems the previous owners didn't disconnect their services, and until the disconnect, we cannot connect! Geez.

I have been updating my twitter, including photos, at least daily, from my cell phone! Be sure to check on that!


  1. I'm so glad to see you're back! I've been checking back daily to see how the move went (and to see if you've offered up any more challenges). I know snow is a lot of work, but I love that last pic you posted! Glad to hear all is well!

  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful few days! I'm so happy for you! :)