April 26, 2009

Knitting the nights away, oh and car rides too!

Both and Barbara guess I had started knitting... and they were totally right!



I have wanted to learn to knit for awhile, however with my scrapbook/craft room stuffed full of paper, sticker and cricut machine, I decided maybe I should stick to paper crafts. However I finally gave in, bought a couple knitting needles, some yard and a book or two.




Other than being interested in learning to knit, I always feel antsy while sitting in the car on long trips, or even while spending an evening watching TV. I felt like my sitting was a waste of my time. Now, when I'm sitting, I'm knitting :) haha...

My work isn't great, but being I taught myself I figured it isn't to bad, plus I have something to show for my time.

Here is my first finished project/scarf.



I'm working on a 2nd and am about 1/2 done. More to come!


2 comments:

  1. I think your scarf looks great! I tried to learn to crochet several years ago, and I made the mistake of starting off making a blanket - I didn't know when to stop and used skein after skein of yarn. The thing was huge and never actually finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipee! I guessed right! :)

    ReplyDelete