May 20, 2009

Dakota ate my glasses

Good thing I still had my hot pink classes from several years ago.

Okay, so back a up a bit...

My husband and I will be going out of town for a few days to celebrate our five year wedding anniversary. The procrastinator that I am (well, we are), we are still working out a few of the kinks in our plan, and even have one night of hotel yet to book.

We also have to about 500 things on our list of things to do before we leave! Therefore, I have spent the last few nights staying up after 2 am. Sure, at 2 am I'm wide awake then, however when trying to get moving a few hours later for work, not so much. Well today I couldn't take it any more. I took a nap after work. I started sleeping on the couch, but Dakota was trying to keep me up. I moved into the bedroom.

I was in the midst of a dream, and I hear, "Dakota, what the heck are you eating now... Dakota no. Put that down. Dakota NOOOOOOOOOOO! Dakota you little &*#@(&!, why Dakota, WHY!?"

I figure it wasn't worth getting up, whatever he ate was gone (he is going through a serious chew on everything phase). Husband came into the room and says, "Your glasses are bent, Dakota tried to eat them".

Yeah, They are not useable.

I had kept, for who knows what reason, my hot pink glasses from my undergrad. Well, tomorrow, I will be going to my professional work place with hot pink glasses. Awesome. Just awesome.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Just like getting to go to work with baby oatmeal on your collar.

    You must have liked them at one point...just wear them like you meant to do it.

    Oh! And if you were still at NHCC, no one would think a thing about it. Heck. Our boss used to come to work with blue and purple hair! Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete