February 8, 2011

Compassion Letter - Blue


It has been less than 2 weeks since receiving my information packet from Compassion. I mailed off my first letter less than a week ago, and now I'm already preparing to send my next envelope.

I'm not sure why, however I have decided to go with a "blue" theme this time. I picked up a few super thin used books (this Clifford one happened to fit the theme), printed the stationary on blue paper, and then started thinking about what else is "blue".  Without saying things like "some toys/houses/cars/things that can be painted are blue", it was a little challenging.  Here is the list of what I came up with.
  • Blue bird
  • Blueberries
  • Flowers
  • Sky
  • Water
  • Robin's eggs
  • Blue jeans
I used my Cricut machine to cut out the blue bird and flower. I then found the K and V (my child's initials) in my stash of scrapbooking stuff. I also made a simple bookmark to go with the book I'm sending. I'll be putting all this together, likely gluing down some of the item, such as the letters, and sending them off in the next couple of days!

Do you send themed letters to your Compassion child?

You can read about my Compassion journey here. Though somewhat short, is definitely becoming a part of who I am.

2 comments:

  1. No, I hadn't thought of that. I will now, though. What a great idea! Thanks, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of themed letters/packets. It's educational and fun all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete