February 14, 2011

Last Minute Valentine Card / Gift

Alan and I do not typically make a big deal out of Valentine's Day. We usually make a nice meal at home, exchanges cards and maybe a small gift, such as candy, and enjoy the evening watching a movie or playing a board game. 

I do not anticipate this year to be any different. I however, procrastinated on making a card. I wanted it to be fun and different from the typical. I grabbed a Sharpie, pad of Post-Its, and my camera and went to work. 

I started with these 2 photos:

 

 I then wrote out a sticky note with a reason why, stuck it to something related, took a photo, and repeat.



 
Before getting too carried away, I wrote out these two.




Then thinking Dakota and Jaffery might want to say something...

 

 I then quickly printed all the photos on our wonderful Canon printer (Alan was in the office doing homework, so I had to hang out so he didn't see what I was printing).

I then found ribbon, adhesive, and a couple pieces of 4x6 cardstock.
I first attached the cardstock on the ribbon, making one the "cover" and one the inside of the card. I then attached each photo on the ribbon, leaving a little bit of space between each photo to allow for folding everything together.

 Here is what the final product looked like:

*Be sure to hop over to my giveaway post!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I picked up supplies to make a cute valentine for hubby, and we were super busy all weekend. Maybe I could take it to work and do it over lunch! Forget the homework. I never get that done till the last minute anyway. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I made Valentines for Charlie and Simon last night and they are so weird looking. I think I'm going to steal this idea for Roy, only without printing out the pics. I'll just make it a scavenger hunt of sorts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this and I am totally stealing it!

    ReplyDelete