April 27, 2012

Weekend Flair: Rainy Day Card


This card was a lot of fun to make and a bit of an experiment. I had never used spray in my crafting, and it was time. I purchased the Goosebumps spray, and decided it would be a fun way to 'show' rain.

My cricut cut the umbrella, boots, grass and rain drops. I layered the boots with 2 shades of yellow, and colored in the black on the bottom. I inked the grass with a deep green.

The drops and umbrella were first inked around the edge using a silver ink and then sprayed with the Goosebumps spray. They did have to be set aside to dry for a few minutes.

I used scrap paper to punch 2 clouds. Using the blending tool, blue ink, and the clouds as masks, I ramdomly placed clouds on the background of the white card base.

The umbrella, I layed with a red/yellow combo. I used a couple layers of 3D dots under the center of the umbrella to gain a deeper 3D perspective.

Finished it off with an Ali Edwards stamp! :)


Supplies
Also used:
Umbrella and Rain Drops- Cricut A Child’s Year
Boots - Cricut Everyday Paperdolls
Grass - Cricut Plantin School Book
Blue ink is Memento Ink

1 comment:

  1. That spray added such a neat effect to the umbrella! And the card turned out so cute :)

    ReplyDelete