January 24, 2010

Another Year Bites the Dust...

Wow!

I have been doing this bloggy thing for 2 years (and a couple days)! My very first post was a goal list for the year. I did the same for my second year... and yes, I will continue. I like having birthday goals. I have found this has a nice personal feeling. "Everyone" has new years resolutions. I have my birthday goals.


So from last year my goals. Let's see how I did:

Now, things to do before turning 27:
  • Save money
  • Volunteer in at least 3 projects
  • Exercise more
  • Plant a garden!
  • Put up a fence in backyard for puppy
  • Make more time for friends
  • Complete the 365 challenge and scrapbook the photos!
  • Scrapbook at least 10 pages a month

Well. I didn't do great, however I can say I am okay with what I did do.

I did very well in planting a garden, getting a fence put up in our backyard, and completing (and continuing) in the 365 photo challenge.

I did scrapbook, however not near 10 pages a month. And, I'm very disappointed that I don't feel I made enough time for friends. That is sad, really. How hard are either of these things?

The others. Well. Let's just move to this years goals!


Before Turning 28:
  • Read 5 books, cover to cover.
  • Make even more time for friends, and family
  • Volunteer in at least 2 projects (Already signed up for one!)
  • Pay off credit card
  • Keep control of incoming paper (mail, newspaper, coupons, etc!)
  • Finish organizing basement and paint
  • Research and then implement making more use of new dehydrator, especially this summer!
  • Meal Planning - just do it!
  • 10 scrapbook pages a month. I know I can!

I'm sure there is all kinds more, however I'll leave it at that. Let's hope for a great turn out. I CAN do this!

When do you set goals for yourself? What works to keep you on track?

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to your blog!

    Regarding goals. I have decided to make at least one each week and make it my focus for the week. I also have a to-do list and I get things done as I can.

    For example, this past week, my goals were to focus on the cleanse diet we did and to work with Charlie on his naps. I got some other things done on my to-do list, but I didn't do all of them. So those things will be rolled over to next week's list.

    ReplyDelete