July 6, 2011

Treasure Hunting

Hello. My name is Kimberly and I love going to thrift stores.

Okay, yes. They smell funny, and often unorganized, and who really would buy some of that stuff. However, there are little treasures to be found. I didn't always realize this. Growing up, our family would drive 3.5 hours to go holiday/back to school/vacation shopping, and my mom (hi mom!) would often take us into that thrift store. Yeah, I remember it. All I wanted to do was go to Target, Walmart, Shopko, the mall (Duh!)... anywhere but there. It smelled funny. I didn't understand why anyone would want to look in a store full of junk.

Fast forward a few, now, I am that person sifting through piles of plates, moving around smelly furniture, and crossing my fingers I find somethings awesome on 1/2 off everything day. I go treasure hunting often. Alan often declines going with me. I have made a few great finds. Here are a few of the things that stuck out this trip.
#1: $2.99 - Super cute, however wished it didn't say "autumn" right on it. I would feel like I couldn't keep it out all year.

#2: $0.99 - I love plates.

#3: $0.99 - Yes, another one.

#4: $24.99 - Totally random, but fun in a weird kind of way.

#5: $24.99 Was a bit rough in places

#6: $9.99 cute, however a bit wobbly

#7: $24.99 Love this dresser! Wouldn't need much work!

The thrift store is next to JoAnn Fabrics - I could not resist the 70% off sign...

#8: 70% off at JoAnns! However did not have tags!
#9: 70% off at JoAnns! Made them $1.19 each.

Tell me, what did I go home with?  What thrifty treasures have you picked up recently?

2 comments:

  1. The plates! They'd make a great colorful, eclectic table. And, of course, can't beat the ninety-nine cents! :>

    Thanks for coming by & saying hello so that I could come by. And thanks for the Pinterest follow. I'm hopelessly addicted to that wonderful place! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!! I too enjoy thrift shopping!! I just re-posted a blog I wrote about our consignment shop trip! I usually try to find the most bizarre items haha

    And yes, those plates are fabulous!!

    http://growingdaisy.com/2011/07/11/adventures-in-consignmentland/

    ReplyDelete