July 8, 2011

Weekend Flair #18 - Clearance prints turned art!

I am needing more art for the living room. Specifically, big art. Nothing HUGE, but larger than what is currently there.

I found 2 really nice prints at Michaels on clearance for $5 each! Over a couple week period, I also used a couple 40% off coupons to snag a couple blank canvases.

Add a couple foam brushes and mod podge, presto! ART!






This print was thick enough to staple it to the back, in addition to the mod podge.



I'll post updates soon on how they look in the room!

What projects are you working on this weekend?

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks easy and fun! I should do something like that with my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! I never would have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your crafts, makes me want to do something. Following from the blog hop. Hope you can stop by and visit. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute idea and so easy. Plus, I love that you also were pretty frugal about it! Girl after my heart!

    Katie
    www.sweetrosestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work! I did the same in my daughter's room with her pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job!! just a little thinking outside of the box always saves you tons of money!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea!! We're trying to decorate and I couldn't find the right frame.. I don't need to now!! I'm your newest follower from Tip Junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great & cheap decorating idea. Thanks for sharing at Delight Me (Doodles & Doilies)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are being featured today over at Doodles & Doilies Delight Me party!

    ReplyDelete