March 9, 2011

Compassion Letter - White




My last Compassion letters had a bright blue theme. This month, with all the snow (we are still around 4 -6 foot, pending which drift you measure), I decided on a white theme! :)

To print the Compassion stationary on, I found nice white textured card stock at Michaels.

To go with the white theme, I thought of:
  • Snow
  • Snowflakes
  • Clouds
  • Flowers
  • Birds
  • Eggs
  • Beans
I found a couple snowflake stickers to include on the letter, and then cut out a couple snowflakes on my Cricut. I also found some white alphabet stickers to send to each child. Alan and I had also built snow people awhile back. I printed off a couple photos to include.








I also want to introduce you to Samuel. He is from the Dominican Republic, lives with both his parents and have 2 siblings. He is in 2nd grade.

Samuel is our first Correspondent Sponsorship Child. Generally, this means someone else is financial sponsoring Samuel, however they are not able to write to him. This is where I come in :) I have committed to writing letters to Samuel, thus being his correspondent sponsor.

Now, I'm writing to both Samuel and Vanesa at least once each month! :)

Do you send themed letters to your Compassion child? What other white things can you think of? What should my next theme letter color be?


It is the 2nd Friday of the month... have you written to your Compassion child yet?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberley,
    What a lovely idea. My letters have often included small gifts for the children, but I've never thought to decorate my letters! I am inspired - thank you for sharing. It has really encouraged me to put more of "me" into my letters. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sponsored my first child in Ethiopia I wrote some. When I sponsored the second in Preu I got much better since she is older and at a center that is able to write back more. Now that I have Correspondent Sponsorships I write all the time. If I get a letter from one I try to write to three or four of them. I love sending little things to my friends. It is a good reinder to write to the ones who can only send mail 3 or 4 times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear more about being a Correspondent sponsor. My cousin and I both want to do it :) I sponsor an older child, but I have trouble thinking of anything to send him. I've only written a few times. I'm about to send him some postcards from my area.

    ReplyDelete