June 12, 2012

Project Life, June 3-10


One major highlight this week... I only had 73 photos to pick from! To top that little factoid: I only used one 2 page layout!

Take a peak at some of my other Project Life layouts. I have so many inserts I'm frankly surprised I'm still in one album for this year!


I didn't have as many Instagram photos this week (I wrote a mini tutorial last week on how to deal with printing those in iPhoto), however wanted to include a couple. I ended up printing them 2.75x2.75. Two photos fit nicely on a 4x6 piece of photo paper. I trimmed them down and added to some of the project life 3x4 cards.


Earlier this week, I wrote a post about Dakota catching a fish. I really wanted to include this, however didn't want to use an extra page, as I have in the past. Instead, I used one of the folded 4x6 cards!

Here is how.  Now, folks. Hold on to your hats, because this post just might blow. your. mind. Yes, indeed.

In a blank word document, I created 3 text boxes. two (side by side) sizes 2.8x3.8 each and one  5.8x3.8. I pasted the text from my blog into these three boxes. I had to size the font to around 9.5, however it is actually very readable.

Then, I simply printed on regular paper.
Now, I picked out what card to use, and  used the good 'ol eyeball it trick by holding the card up to the light to make sure it will fit.


I used a couple very small pieces of tape on the corners, taping the card over the top of the print, and ran it through the printer again. 

 It worked! WOOT!

 I flipped it over, and taped over the other text boxes.

Beautiful!

 I used a couple small circle stickers, back to back on the top of the card to make a make-shift tab to indicate people can take it out to read more!

I had been doing more handwritten journaling, however this was great to use for a larger amount of text.

How have you been including words in your Project Life books?


Supplies:

1 comment: